04 June 2008

Four month check up

photo
originally uploaded by fishtail.
Here we are, me and the naked babe, waiting for her shots. Shannon was unable to attend with us due to her rotations, boo.

Here are her 4 month stats (compare to her 2 month stats):

Weight: 16lbs, 10oz (96th percentile)
Height: 27 in (99.7%!)
Head circumference: 16.7in (85%)

I can't believe she's so big! Her height is off the charts although that is the main reason she's wearing 9 month size clothing. I'm going to have bitchin' pecs if she keeps up this growth rate.

She was in good spirits for most of the time, making lots of great faces and smiles for the doctor, up until the shots. Oh the red faced screaming. I must admit, it didn't affect me as intensely as the first time. I guess because I both knew it would happen and have had more experience with her crying and being upset in past two months. I just wanted it to quickly be over so she could nurse and relax.

She slept on the way to daycare and seemed chipper, but I guess it was just the Tylenol we had given her that morning that eased the pain. Once it wore off that afternoon, she was back to screaming. I picked her up early because she didn't want to take her bottle and didn't want anyone touching or moving her sore thighs around. I nursed her at bit at H's house once she calmed down enough to stop screaming and eat. Poor darling.

Shannon was able to be home for an hour before her clerk shift so she got to give her extra cuddles. We gave her more pain meds and I let her nurse away. She seemed much better just being home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So big!

And loo