Eli's first vacation to meet the Iowa family was combined with a Chicago vet conference for Shannon & lots of musuems for PJ. It was also my last hurrah before the end of my 12 week parental leave. Eli starts daycare 7/25 and I'm back at work 7/29. I think it's all going to be good, but we won't really know until we are in the thick of it. I'm trying to stay calm and not stress about it. Twelve weeks is just so short.
Here are all the pictures in a set on Flickr. Everyone in Iowa was so happy to meet him and to see me. I hadn't been back to visit in over three years, since Margaret's death I think. Being back in the midwest was great and made me miss it tremendously. The big, open sky and the nearly constant breeze took me right back. But I do think of Vermont and the east as home now too. It's a weird feeling, that we live now where are forebearers lived before they settled west.
No comments:
Post a Comment