My mom's been here for her spring break watching PJ. It's about as unlike back in July when she visited for two weeks while Shannon was out of town as can be. I get all stressed out about her visits and I rant and complain in my head. But really it's fine. She's not the greatest houseguest and I'm super aware of all the ways she bugs me, but really she loves spending time with PJ. She comes for the grandkid and she gets lots of grandkid. When I see them at the end of the day, PJ is so happy and so chill that I know even though my mom's way is not my way, that it is a fine way. PJ remembers both of our mothers even though they only get to see her every few months. I love this and want to facilitate their relationships as much as possible, especially since we will be farther away soon.
PJ is moving and shaking and talking up a storm. Lately she's really into books. Granted this doesn't mean she will let you read them to her, but most of her play involves books. She still loves to pick up items and drape them over/wrap them around herself. I can't even tell how hilarious is to watch her walk around with three nursing bras wrapped around her neck. I kept forgetting to pick up the camera because I'm just wrapped up in the moment.
PJ is also talking more, saying Hi and Bye bye much more regularly. In the mornings, Shannon comes up to say goodbye and spend like 5 minutes with us. PJ usually sits up and listens for her to walk up the stairs. When she sees her and breaks out in a huge grin with lots of Hi's, it super awesome. It's the best way to start the day, this little snuggly baby smiling and saying Hi.
The sickness appears to be gone, although there was one last wrinkle. After the diarrhea and then ear infection, to top it off, she got hives most likely from the antibiotics. She was so itchy and puffy and sad. Her eyes were watery and all she wanted to do was nurse. It didn't last long and the benadryl helped, but it was sad to see her perfect baby skin all splotchy.
The weather is starting to warm up, like 40s-50s and I can remember short sleeves and sandals. We got PJ a pair of used baby tevas from thrift store and she has fallen in love with the stiff soles. She wears them around the house all day and will not let you take them off. They are still a little long though. I can't wait for summer.
3 comments:
If you've got a live-in baby sitter for a few days, maybe we can convince you to hang out with us! Our social calendar needs to be filled, and pronto. :)
Have I told you how obsessed S. is with that video you posted awhiel back of PJ walking and falling on her face? She asks to watch it every time I sit down at the computer. "Watch baby Piper? See baby Piper?"
H is forever wrapping things around his neck too :). he also loves playing with books but couldn't possibly care less if i read to him.
Post a Comment