
Playing has become PJ's most fun and interesting pastime. She doesn't want to sit in the high chair or be held as much as she wants to be down and on her own. Experimenting and exploring are where it's at. She doesn't even always want toys; the contents of the kitchen cabinets or the recycle bin are just fine by her. When she's concentrating on a task, she gets more intense and does not appreciate interruptions. This translates into her running away when I try to get her coat on her in the morning for example. Well, not running quite yet, but pointedly and quickly walking away from me.
Her tastes are changing as well. Canned green beans used to be our go-to vegetable, always loved and eaten. No more. Pickles and broccoli are still enjoyed. Fresh oranges and canned pears as well. She's very into corn and dried fruit lately. She still loves all puffed snacks (rice cakes, veggie booty, sweet potato puffs). She's eaten a few bites of quesadillas. We finally found a type of cooked bean she loves (red beans with turkey kielbasa). She's getting more excited about vanilla yogurt. The spoon is fun, but mostly she sucks it off her fingers. At daycare, she's drinking cow's milk, but at home, it's mostly water.
Speaking of daycare, we've put in our official notice. Her last day is Friday May 1. Shannon graduates May 2 and begins full time PJ care May 4. It's bittersweet because PJ and her teachers at daycare are in the midst of a full-blown love affair lately. Teacher L gets a big grin and hug every morning from PJ. She gets along with the other babies and helps out by giving them toys. Her naps are getting longer now that they are able to go outside more and more. She just seems to be having so much fun and feeling comfortable there. I hope that Shannon and I will be as much fun. We don't have all that equipment, toys and a cool gym to play in. I know she loves us and loves being home, but I hope she isn't bored going forward.
I think we are going to let her hair grow out. Shannon's finding it a big shaggy right now, but I feel the maintenance for bangs or a cute short cut like at Christmas will just be too much money. Right now, she sits still for hair brushing and barrettes. If it gets longer and we can do pigtails or a ponytail, then that will be the easiest and cheapest. At least until she starts to chime in with her own opinion. If she really wants it short, then we'll find the money and time. Like dressing one's self, I believe it letting kids have their hair anyway they want it.
No comments:
Post a Comment