29 January 2009

week 51

This week brought back daycare germs. Our house has not had any significant snot and/or colds since the holidays. That all ended this week. Cold and another ear infection, although this one was external, like swimmer's ear. PJ is transitioning to cow's milk at daycare. Her sleep is all erratic again due to the snot and ear pain. Shannon was able to stay with her on Thursday and I took off Friday. Sickness is no fun, but I do enjoy getting to ditch work as much as possible. I'm totally having senioritis at work. Just knowing that I'm on my way out is making it so hard for me to focus some days.

Walking continues to be near at hand. PJ will take a step or two unsteadily before dropping down to crawl to whatever she wants. She's also much more interested in walking while holding on to someone's hands. I've tried to take some photos, but mostly she's a blur with her little push cart.

23-01-09_1019.jpeg 23-01-09_1016.jpeg 23-01-09_1015.jpeg

We have somehow lost PJ's brown shoes. Our house is not even that big, but they have disappeared. Thus I have spent too much time looking at freaking adorable and expensive baby shoes online (like these or these or these). Not that she really needs another pair yet. But probably is a month or so she will and more cost effective will be to hit up the baby thrift store.

I cannot even believe 51 weeks have already gone by. It's been both a blur and painfully slow. I don't even know how to express all the contradictions that exist for being parent. I am working on some new year resolutions based on the knowledge I've gained this year, but so much of it is undescribable. Or maybe it's just going to take a few years to figure it out I guess, to have the ability to express myself. Most of the time this year, I have not felt articulate. I have tried to write and document my process, but there's just so much that overwhelms me.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Why are you having senioritis at work? What's up?

PJ is adorable.

Laura said...

We are going to be moving once Shannon graduates and gets a job. So we'll be gone by June or July. The end is near!

Thanks! We totally agree.