This was a banner week for sleep. PJ has been going to sleep easily post-bath and staying asleep for like 2.5-3.5 hours! It's been lovely. Now granted she's still not sleeping well for naps at daycare, but it can't all be good news. She's also been making Shannon and I laugh so much more. I should try to capture the moments, but they are so spontaneous and probably not as funny to everyone. I don't even know how to explain it, but we basically create a little giggle circle. PJ will make some funny noise and one of us will laugh. She'll start making goofy laughs in response and then we just keep up the silly. It's usually during a meal while she's in her high chair.
I haven't been taking any pictures since the holidays. I think it's kind of the way I recoup from the photo frenzy that is family gatherings. I like to just enjoy the time, but then I feel bad that there are whole weeks without photos. Not super bad, but more like I don't want to forget or miss a moment.
PJ's babbling is changing. She's making diphthongs according to Shannon. I had to go look it up. Regardless of the phonetics term, her babbling sounds more complex, like she's making up a language.
I have been riding the bus and getting home before Shannon. It's been kind of a pain (walking in the super cold is not fun), but also wonderful (time to read, cook and get a little housework done before baby duty). There's always a little moment when I see PJ, but haven't been the one to pick her up, that's magical. She's starting to get very excited when we pick her up at daycare by the way. Like arms waving and outstretched and tons of smiles. It's so very awesome and gratifying.
One other thing of note is how PJ's cuddling has changed. She's now all about curling herself in a little ball on your chest. I think it's because she's sleeping on her belly much more and she likes to sort of have her butt in the air and her arms pulled in. She's sitting higher up on our shoulders because of it. When Shannon takes her out of the bath (bath duty is mainly Mama Shannon time), PJ curls into a little warm, wet ball with her towel tucked around her. She lays her head on Shannon's shoulder and it's just gorgeous.
Now we are trying to decide how much of a fuss we are going to make for PJ's birthday. I'm thinking just cake and baby at home with photos to document the carnage, but Shannon's the party girl. We are still in negotiations...
1 comment:
Wow. I cannot believe that PJ is nearly a year old. Because I find the prospect of parenthood terrifying, I'm hugely impressed with the way you and Shannon have brought this little person into the world. Congratulations!
-Erin
Post a Comment