The thrush is getting much better and the snot has abated for now. However, now Shannon is getting a cold. Tis the season for germs I guess.
I am just astounded that 39 weeks have flown by. When I look at our babbling, crawling, curious baby who loves to shove paper in her mouth and eats tofu, I can barely remember our tiny baby who made the cats look huge and who placidly sat in her swing. We were so green, so unsure of what we were doing with our cute little stranger. We still have no idea most of the time, but now we all know each other so much better. As we parent, we discover ourselves in a different way than ever before and we discover who PJ is and what she likes and dislikes. Her personality has changed so much. She's learned how to express herself and while she is still super smiley and easygoing, she keeps that same level of exuberance when she is pissed or hurt or disgusted. She cracks us up and is starting to realize it and enjoy making us laugh. She watches Shannon and I interact even more closely than before.
At daycare this week, PJ apparently climbed on top of one of the little babies while said baby was in the bouncy chair. No injuries resulted thankfully. She also interacts a bunch with another kid Alex who's almost one. They have a big love/hate relationship. She sits next to him at lunch and tries to eat his food.
There was the daycare Halloween party on Thursday and then a little trick or treating on Friday. Mostly we just took her picture in her turtle costume:

I was happy to have a low key weekend. There was the cleanup from discovering the mouse issue in a closet (due to the storage of pet food there which has also been fixed) and the backlog of laundry, but otherwise lots of laziness. We got to the St. Paul Farmer's Market on Saturday and went out for brunch. We went to the grocery store and picked up some photos we printed out for the great-grandmothers. I rearranged lots of my junk upstairs as we attempt to allow PJ more room to explore. She helped with laundry this weekend by unloading baskets. She showed no interest in putting clothes in baskets, but adored pulling everything out of them.
2 comments:
Oh my God! The turtle costume! I can't wait to meet that kid. (Speaking of which, we should discuss New Years... )
Oh, and I love how you just casually mention the mouse issue in your closet. In my world, that would merit, like, 3 hysterical posts of its very own.
how cute is that! wow. E likes to help with the laundry too. He likes to remove it from the basket and replace it with small books and blocks. or a wet cloth he's been chewing on.
Post a Comment