05 November 2008

Yes we did!

photo
I realized last night while I was waiting to hear Obama's speech that I am going to enjoy watching the President addresses over the next four years. Since turning 18, I voted once for Clinton and then twice against Bush. I haven't really enjoyed anything Presidential because of the past depressing eight years of conservatives. But now I'm wondering if Obama is going to do weekly radio addresses and how to listen in. Now I can feel a bit of pride and joy in watching and listening to the American president. He's articulate, intelligent, serious and not a cowboy good ole boy maverick. I am thrilled and optimistic, not just for myself, but also for my family.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

Ditto on everything you've said. I have never listened to Bush speak and I have heard everything President elect Obama has said all year. I'm ready for a change, no matter how small!

Sarah said...

You said it well. voted for Clinton twice and against bush, but really for Gore, once and against bush the second time. Since bush was elected, I've found myself glued to the news with horror about the state of things. I'm so hopeful for the nation, for my family, for the world. were our baby older, we would have taken him to the rally. We just watched from home because I really wanted to be together.
Bummer about proposition h8 though.