That being said, let me cast my mind back to last week. Since we had just returned from St. Louis, last week was a bust. I was out of it at work and at home. I needed a weekend to recover from my weekend. Plus the stress of travel caught up with me and PJ as we both have thrush. Shannon had thought she had seen some white film in PJ's mouth. I was having more pain than normal while nursing and pumping. PJ had a diaper rash that would not quit. But we didn't put all these pieces together. Luckily daycare who is much more seasoned, noticed the white patches in her mouth as well. Back to the doctor for PJ and me, this time to get prescriptions for a cream and liquid. Luckily the liquid didn't taste that bad and dosing PJ was not horrible. After almost a week, we are both close to normal.
I have been avoiding all blatant sugar which has been a pain in my heiny. Not eating candy at work is not impossible, but not eating candy when Halloween is a week away is not fun. I like being swept up in the festivities.
Crawling is in full force and PJ's form has improved. She is now the stereotypical baby bot, rapidly advancing across the floor with joyful cackles in direct proportion to how much she wants to get the cat/splinter/hairball/portable drill she's set her sights on. At daycare, she is into everything. I can safely speak for Shannon here too when I express my gratitude for them and their baby safe world. Our place is just not as conducive to a crawling inquisitive baby, despite our safeguards and best plans.
We also think there are two top teeth just about ready to burst through her gums. Friday night was a bit of a scream fest, the likes of which we haven't seen for weeks. The teeth haven't broken through yet, but they are puffy and painful it seems. We didn't think of teething during the crying because she's still got a cold that leaves her congested and crusty at night, plus there's the thrush so we thought we knew all the ways she could be in pain. Ha! said the universe.
Marlys was up this weekend, soaking in the baby time. She hadn't visited since August, so she was due for some squeezing. We went to the Como Zoo and Conservatory and got some pumpkins. PJ continues to be asleep during all visits to pumpkin patches, but luckily she was awake when Shannon carved her her very own pumpkin. Since the top teeth have yet to appear, Shannon just immortalized the bottom three. It's freaking adorable.
Sunday night was good too, but left me wishing for another weekend. PJ tried raw mushroom and seemed to like it. She even took it into her bath and discovered that mushrooms float. I was making miso but PJ was making Shannon laugh and laugh with her snacking in the bath.
No comments:
Post a Comment