Shannon left for her last externship on Sunday 9/7 and it sucked. I feel more capable than ever, but also more over this. I want these two weeks on and then off to be over and history. I mean I know I'll yelling into the void because this is the way it is, but I still hate it. I know Shannon was much more sad facing this trip than any of the others. Saturday was kind of a blur as we tried to get everything done and stayed up way too late. Sunday after dropping Shannon off at the airport, I returned home with the baby and just punked out. The poor dogs didn't even get a trip to the park.

It was PJ's second week of daycare which is still going well. She comes home dirty with an occasional rock or two from playing outside. Often she's very tired and loses it a little in the car. I think it's how she's adjusting to the new routine, and I try to be extra patient and gentle. It's kind of cool that she realizes the difference between day care and home. I know I prefer being home and letting it all hang out. She nurses and sometimes takes a power nap after we walk the dogs. We do a bath almost every night more for the routine than for a need to be extra clean or anything.
I have been leaving work a bit early each day sometimes to run home and let the dogs out first or sometimes just to have a few minutes to myself to run to the store. It's good and helps out quite a bit. This week I got PJ a Halloween costume. Shannon and I picked it out before she left. It's very cute.
I have been working on hats and mittens after PJ goes to sleep. She's been up a bit due to more snot and the teeth I think. She has begun biting during nursing so we are working on that. I don't know if the snot is more daycare adjusting or teething or just due to the change in weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment