18 September 2008

Gone baby gone

What's the best birthday present from the universe? Having your car stolen! The Honda was no longer outside our house yesterday when I went out to buy my good luck lottery ticket. For a minute I was confused. Did I park it right under this tree last Saturday after the dogpark? I even half-heartedly hoped that Shannon had loaned it to someone but forgotten to tell me. But no dice. Instead I filed a police report and made an insurance claim. We only had liability though so that sucks. I'm not quite sure how we are going to swing having one car, but we'll figure it out. My positive spin on it all is that everyone is safe, sound, no one was violated. It was just a car. Goodbye sweet Honda. You totally deserved better.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, happy birthday, but that sucks.
Glad everyone was ok.
Sarah

Laurie K said...

Ack! that's awful. I was coming to say Happy Birthday as well. Maybe you'll get it back in one piece for a late birthday present?

Melinda said...

Awww SERIOUSLY?? WTF.

Happy f'ing birthday.

Anonymous said...

That is terrible! How crappy.

Happy Birthday!