10 September 2008

week 31

I meant to post Friday while the week was still fresh but I was too busy at work. Now I shall cast my mind back...

So after the fair extravaganza with Laurie, Rick and Matt, we then had a three day weekend. Woo three day weekends, especially when Shannon is not on call, at all! On Saturday, we hung out more with Laurie and Rick. We had lunch at the Chatterbox and played Sorry. PJ was mildly sick with a cold (either from Oregon via Shannon or from the new daycare visit), but she was very amenable to us eating, drinking and playing board games. Sunday I think we ran errands and did chores. We tried to take some clothes to the Once Upon a Child near us, but they don't take in clothes on Sunday. Instead we just got one of those jumpers and some shoes for PJ. Monday Shannon did have to go in for a clerk shift so that was a bit of a downer.

Then we had PJ's first week at the new daycare. I think it went well, although there were some tears as PJ got used to their schedule. She is still not eating many solids. I think she almost eats crackers, as in she sucks on them until they dissolve in her mouth and she might swallow a bit of them. Plus she can be sporadic with her bottles. Some days she'll take 10-12 ounces, some days more like 5-6. I'm not super worried about her nutrition because she's on the high end of the percentiles and she nurses often at night. But I think the new daycare doesn't quite know what to make of her lack of eating habits.

She's also got another tooth coming in, the bottom right one, so it's both bottom coming in at the same time. Occasionally she gets cranky and extra wakeful at night due to these teeth I think. Also, now the bites are even more painful.

Here's a couple bouncer photos just because

IMG_0403 IMG_0398

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those quilts are amazing! You should take up quilting. And your baby continues to be adorable.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Our baby loves his bouncy swing too. He's a couple weeks younger than PJ. No teeth yet, but teething for sure. Love your blog. Keeps me sane.
One of these days I'll get mine going. I'm the "other mom" and am juggling 2 jobs and a hopeful move to MN in the next year. (hoping!)With the whole fam, of course. My partner is from St. Paul.