Thanks for the shared car theft outrage. Sometimes people just suck you know. Being down to one car is going to be tough. PJ's daycare is east and north, Shannon's school is in the middle but long hours and then my work is back over west. We will probably just all carpool and be up much earlier in the morning. Or maybe we'll just get a station wagon like we had planned, just without another car to trade in. I mean it's about time we did something with those buckets of money we have laying around.
I forgot to mention that the Vermont clinic gets no cell phone reception so this whole time Shannon's been gone, we only get to talk for like 20 minutes a night. It's super shitty not being able to communicate and have the pauses that come up in a normal conversation. I think of many things to say to her all day, but then blank out when she's on the phone.
PJ has begun to open her mouth for food at daycare. Apparently the key for her is to be on someone's lap and then she's much more amenable to purees. At home this week, she even voluntarily put some toast into her mouth during breakfast. I will often give her a stick of toast to play with while she sits in her high chair. Thursday morning she actually pulled off bits and ate them. I'm going to do some more finger foods with her this weekend to see what else she'll try to eat.
She's also getting closer and closer to crawling. She flips herself over at night and then gets stuck on her belly. She will sit near the dogs or cats and be practically up on her hands and knees in her excitement to get whatever animal is closest. Usually there's one arm or leg stuck under her that she just can't figure out how to move yet.
She's still a cuddly baby and I think it's becoming more purposeful. On walks, she'll caress my arm with her foot. She still reaches up while nursing and grabs at my mouth and teeth. She's got a wicked squeeze so we work on gentle. Other times while she's falling asleep at night (or not being able to as the case may be) she will hold my hand or rest her hand on me. Sometimes when she fusses, just laying down next to her will settle her. When I pick her up to rock her, she immediately goes limp with her head on my shoulder and often with her arm holding around my neck. Clingy phases are intense and frustrating for both of us I think. I both love her snuggling and also wish I had more freedom from it. She's like the most adorable barnacle sometimes.
There's still occasional snot and congestion probably from daycare. PJ has been playing with her ear off and on this week so I don't know if it's teething or if maybe she's got an ear infection. I suggest this because I've got another ear infection in my right ear (last one was in May). I doubt I'll go in for antibiotics because I'm stubborn like that but maybe I'll take her in if she keeps tugging on her ears. Ole righty has been my problem ear for years now. I remember lots of tympanograms from my childhood. My current doctor doesn't quite know what it looks like when normal in there due to all the scar tissue and general weirdness. When I get significantly older, I will probably lose all hearing in that ear and turn into one of those old people who asks you to repeat yourself in my good ear. I already think it will be funny and sad.
Shannon spoiled me rotten, going crazy with birthday surprises since she is out of state, probably the greatest partner ever, and she loves surprises). I got flowers on Tuesday, the day before my birthday, at work, two dozen beautiful red roses. Matt came and took the dogs for a few days. On the actual day, I took off from work early and had a nice late lunch by myself. I've got a soft spot for Panera since it used to be St. Louis Bread Co so I got a greek salad, black bean soup in a bread bowl and read for like 2 hours. It was lovely. Once I picked up the baby, the Kellies were waiting at my house with dinner and cake coordinated by Shannon. Sure the car was stolen on that day too, but I tried not to let it spoil the goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment