15 August 2008

week 28

I have felt fairly confident this week in my solo parenting. PJ is going to sleep and staying asleep for 3-4 hours at least giving me some much needed alone and adult time. I was staying up too late this week though. Partially I can blame the Olympics, but mostly it's just me not taking care of myself. She has been sleeping in a bit, until 7 or 7:15am. I have succeeded in getting up before her and watering the tomatoes and taking a shower. It was kind of awesome, but means that we are late getting out of the house. I'm just loath to wake up a sleeping baby, you know?

I am not feeling very confident about the quest for daycare (September is fast approaching) nor the big events at work for which I should be more prepared. Ah the life of a procrastinator.

I have been taking pictures on my cellphone in the morning and evening and sending them to Shannon. They aren't good quality pictures but they are fun to send. Sometimes she looks like such a little kid, so much older than 6 months.

PJ accidentally ate some cracker yesterday and there was gagging and horrible faces. She enjoyed playing with said cracker much more before it ended up in her mouth. I have hope that eventually she'll want to eat real food. Maybe she just wants to skip the purees and jump straight to finger food.

No comments: