26 June 2008

week 21

We hung out with the Kellies on Saturday night last weekend. PJ stayed up way past her bedtime with only a few bouts of screeching. She nursed a bit and snoozed a bit but was otherwise awake and friendly until 9pm or so. We called Brandon & Dallas but didn't connect. We also didn't make Matt's party Friday night. Having a baby and being a good friend are hard to juggle for me. I've got to work on it though because I miss them.

We managed to make pizza dough and the lentil salad we'd been talking about making for a few weeks. It was lentils, cukes, feta, red bell pepper, basil & mint with a white wine vinegarette so I'm not sure why we procrastinated so much about it. Shannon made the dough Sunday and then we had pizza Tuesday. Homemade pizza is so fast and easy when you make the dough ahead of time.

Shannon was busy at school more this week than last, and I got sad in anticipation of her being gone next week. Sad and crabby about walking the dogs. Then I get stuck in a loop of wishing I had more money, more time, more things, and that makes me feel deprived and whiny. Which all adds up to me being annoying and bugging Shannon once she gets home or being slap-happy. Neither is exactly how I want to be in the limited time we have together. But that just reminds again about the leaving and cue the sadness in anticipation loop.

PJ is sleeping well this week, just taking a bit of time settling down for the night. She pulled up some grass at the Kellies, but didn't seem too impressed by it. She also had her first interaction with food, some toast sticks, which she did not want to taste but merely squish. Next up is applesauce and/or banana. She also does not care for a sippy cup for drinking, but does like to fling it around/off her highchair.

We took some pictures maybe two weeks ago now. Here are my favorites:
IMG_0224 IMG_0202 IMG_0210

2 comments:

Matt said...

I apparently need to visit as your child is visibly larger than the last time I saw her. Plus, now that I am on vacation and writing my thesis, walking dogs for a busy momma sounds like something that would be right up my alley (if you're interested).

Melinda said...

Dude, why have we not discussed having some kind of mom-baby get-together this summer while I am unemployed and while our spouses are busy being studious and important? I think there's an amtrak that goes between the twin cities and Galesburg...