08 June 2008

week 18

Holy crap did this week feel bad. There was never enough time in any day to get anything done. Work is super busy and my goofing off totally suffered. I finally have a kid and didn't even blog for LGBT Parenting Day on 6/2!

I felt like an incompentent fool of a parent almost everyday. PJ has decided to never sleep again ever at home. Anywhere from 10 mins to 45 mins is surely plenty in her opinion. We put up foil on the two windows by the bed and moved her crib to the darkest corner. We rock, shush, bounce, sing, feed, and she'll fall asleep but it doesn't last. I think I was just about as tired this week as I was when she first came home. I wake up exhausted with achy arms/wrists from how I sleep.

It wasn't all bad, though. I mean, it's hard because PJ is going nuts with new skills. She's reaching for and grabbing everything in sight: my hot coffee, her toys, the cherries, the dog's tail, you name it. She tries to move herself all the time. This usually results in some very comical face plants on the bed and half roll overs. She holds her toys and bangs them on whatever is around: herself, the carseat, the high chair. But most important, just like not sleeping, she gets pissed when she can't do what she wants. I hope that she starts sitting up and/or rolling over soon because this is hard. I hate watching her be frustrated. I hate that she won't/can't sleep because her brain is on overdrive.

1 comment:

georgia said...

henry is doing the exact same things. he hasn't had more than a 30 minute nap during the day in weeks! and he won't stay asleep at night either. so much to see and grab... the world is a pretty exciting place for a 4 month old baby.