09 May 2008

week 14

photo
PJ continues to be amazed by objects and books. Max's wagging tail in particular makes her smile every time she notices it. I have written about her love of saturated colors, but it just continues. This book that Shannon's reading her keeps her attention page after page. Each evening this week, they have hung out on the folded out futon playing and reading together. It's awesome to see.

We got a new camera last weekend with the last big gift card thus the photo shoot. My mom's castoff Olympus would not stop with it's 'zoom error' message and our old 2 megapixel Canon was getting lines and static on every picture. Our new one's another Canon, this one boasting 8 megapixels.


IMG_0054
Her spikey hair is going away on the sides and back of her head but the top remains. I suspect because she does not sleep directly on the top of her head.

Her cold appears to be on the mend because her congestion is breaking up. I still assault her nose every morning with the saline which I'm convinced helps. There was some vomit one morning this week due to choking on snot right after nursing. Shannon did not appreciate starting her morning being thrown up on while changing a diaper. I suspect there will be more snotty noses and vomit in our future. I will try to lay off the saline drops, but I'm not making any promises.

IMG_0051
When we pick her up from daycare, she's usually a bit tired and dazed. On the car ride home, she will try to nurse her car seat. When I look back in the little mirror to see her licking her seat, I try not to laugh. She gets home and perks up a bit. Then she nurses and often takes a 10-15 minute power nap, like dead to the world, total body relaxation nap. When she wakes up, then she's bright eyed and perky again. Ready for her special Shannon time.

IMG_0030
It's so crazy how much my time has changed with PJ and how much it doesn't bother me. Gone is sleeping in and going out to movies. Gone are hours of free time to do chores and knit. Sometimes I really wish I had more time to do everything, to be alone, to be with my family, to knit, to sleep. But in general, I am happy. I wake up to a very smiley, very squirmy baby lately. Shannon's more groggy than me when we wake up but we both can't help but smile back when she smiles at us even when it's 6am on a Saturday.




IMG_0060
I worried while I was pregnant if we made the right decision. I mean I was pretty sure I wanted kids, but then I was more freaked out than I expected when we got the positive test. Suddenly it was really real and really happening. I still feel freaked out on a daily basis, but it's balanced with the joy and amazement of watching someone grow up. This week on the ride into work and school, Shannon and I agreed that we totally made the right choice.

5 comments:

Laurie K said...

Yay! Great pics! Happy Mother's Day to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, those are good pictures. Totally making me think, "I want one of those." The kid, not the camera. Although I'll take the camera, too. Happy Mothers' Day to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Happy Mother's Day indeed!

Melinda said...

I love her.

Happy mama day to both of you!

Laura said...

Thanks for the mother's day well wishes. We had brunch with Shannon's mom and cousin Marge and it was great!