02 May 2008

week 13

I am going to try to keep up these weekly updates. I also need to take more pictures now that I'm back at work and have less time with PJ.

This week PJ seems to be dealing with the germs of the outside world by getting very phlegmy, like sounds like an enormous amount of phlegm rattling around in her tiny little head at night. I have been perhaps a bit too liberal with the saline spray and that bulb syringe thing because PJ is now actively pissed off when I come at her nose. Shannon thinks I need to quit picking our poor baby's nose but I am a little obsessed with trying to help. Stupid phlegm.

Also I have picked up either the same bug from her or one from the many sickos at my work. Thus my throat is red and raw and swallowing is generally unpleasant. Blah.

PJ has begun grabbing at toys and items. There's this floppy lion with a red mane that she and Shannon play with and that PJ loves. She holds and hugs it and will track it with her eyes. She's also beginning to discover her toes. We've started doing daily baths which she still loves. She's stretching out much more and might be too big for it soon. I think splashing is only a few weeks away for our genius baby.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

You know what helps when Cletus gets all besnotted? Putting some vapor bath (you can buy it at the drugstore) in her bathwater and plugging in one of those little mini-vaporizers at night.

Also, the suctioning. There's no getting around it. It's foul and wrong.

georgia said...

see if you can get your pediatrician to write you a prescription for a nebulizer. a teaspoonful of saline solution in the nebulizer 3-4 times a day when they are phlegmy really works wonders.