19 April 2008

week 11

I've been hashing over a bunch of feelings about my mother this week. I think the upcoming stress of going back to work and PJ starting daycare bring this out in me, this talking about what being a parent, a mother, means to me. I don't have any answers really but Shannon has been a great listener and provider of insight and wisdom.

I've also been reading more this week. Reading is super easy to do while nursing, plus I am really trying to savor every moment and embracing the lazy lounging around I can do with the baby. PJ is maybe in a bit of a growth spurt. I say this just because she's been sleeping and nursing more this week. But maybe she's just embracing the lazy lounging too.

I don't know if much has happened with her this week. When she's overly tired, she's started not even wanting to nurse. She's definitely noticing the color red all over the house. We visited the library for the first time. She seemed very interested in the picture book displays. I think that's about it.

It's cathartic to write about my anxiety to go back to work. I feel like as soon as I put it down on paper (so to speak), some of that energy releases. I hope I don't sound whiny. Or maybe that one realizes that I'm not just whiny about it. There really are all sorts of feelings I go through about parenting and work.

No comments: