27 March 2008

week 8

photo
o originally uploaded by fishtail.
It's been in the 30-40s this week so I've taken PJ and the dogs to the park twice. She falls asleep and the dogs run around like mad. This picture was from when Shannon and I took them out last weekend. All the snow has melted and it's just mud now.

I don't have much time to write here, although I have been keeping a paper journal to document this first year of parenthood. PJ's hairline is definitely changing with new fuzzy making a straight line across her forehead. The long hairs making up a widow's point is still there too. Her eyes are lightening but look to definitely be brown. She seems much longer and heavier. We'll see on her April 1st appointment the actual numbers.

She's still not falling into any semblance of a routine. Some days she'll take 3-4 short naps, other days nothing. I don't feel particularly good at helping her figure out how to fall asleep other than nursing. Pumping is going well and so is the bottle feeding by Shannon.

I hate not having as much internet access as I did before. I'm behind on blogs and emails and it makes me whiney and feel out of touch. But I also know how much I'll miss hanging out with PJ once I go back to work. I want to be in both places at once, a creative patient parent and also have lots of free time and energy.

No comments: