Back at home, handling a week visit from my mother. Again I am struck by home different we are. But I think, I hope, I am being patient with her. This visit is less about her helping out since I'm not just recovering from giving birth and more about her hanging out with us. But I'm still not quite at that place with her. I realize I really am still me, just me plus kid. There wasn't some revelation now that I'm a parent about my mom that bonds us or causes understanding. I still do not get her most of the time. She still bugs me when she says "You'll get some of that later" to PJ whenever I eat anything or when she refuses to put down her camera and just interact with the baby instead of constantly documenting. She discovered the video feature on her camera so now she's not only taking picture after picture, but video after video.
As for PJ, she's just as awesome as ever. Maybe she's more fussy this week, I'm not sure. She's certainly demanding to nurse more and more when she's stressed or needs to poop. Speaking of poop, she doing it much more often now, like twice a day. Other highlights of this week so far - we took her on a walk today, her first in the inherited stroller. She seemed to like it. Oh and she's still losing her long hairs but has started to get more and more new fuzz.
I did start pumping. There's 2.5 ounces sitting in my fridge right now. I am still not liking hooking myself up to a machine, but I'm trying to accept it. Still reading about it and working on both a schedule and a method of storage. I think bags will take up the least room in our freezer.
No comments:
Post a Comment