I finally got all the pictures up from the baby shower in St. Louis from 2 weeks ago. Now only the thank you notes remain. Three or four weeks for thank you notes isn't so bad, right?
We got some amazing handmade blankets, awesome baby books, a high chair, and a shitload of clothes. Really everyone was amazingly generous. We even got some great barely used items: a portable crib/play pen and a bouncer that my mom will bring down with her in January. Speaking of my mother, she didn't drive me nuts during the shower. She was a good hostess although a little crazy. In fact the whole trip was ok, but I was getting very short tempered by Saturday night. She wanted to watch tv and talk whereas I could only handle the tv part.
Last week or so we laid all the clothes we've gotten so far (from both showers and Marge's garage sale haul) and sorted them by size. Now I've just got to find time to wash them.
I also finished my mom's socks and gave them to her. They fit well in the foot but were loose around her skinny ankles. They are superwash so she shouldn't be able to shrink them. She loved them and soon started to plan the next few pairs I would make for her. I am not opposed to making her more (although I was peeved by the orders for more) but I think this might be the end of lace socks for me. They took so much longer, and I'm already a slow sock knitter. Maybe I'll just confine the lace to the ankle in the future.


2 comments:
Omigod! Your little sister is so old now!
I guess it has been ten years.
I know! She's graduating from high school in the spring...
Post a Comment