
It's early thus the faint line, so I'm being ridiculous posting this. I couldn't help it though, our first positive ever! I have switched and now want to talk about it. So here comes all sorts of information about this cycle.
I thought I was going to ovulate on May 12th, Marge's wedding, so I was a bit gloomy about it. (In fact my predicted ovulation dates this summer included both 5/12 and 7/28 because my body wants to celebrate your wedding by releasing eggs I guess). This was our first IUI (intrauterine insemination) cycle in a clinic. Previous to this we were doing it casually at home, well as casually as two lesbians can, with a needless syringe (not a turkey baster). If I hadn't been designated the photographer, I could have stayed home but it wouldn't have been very kind to miss Shannon's favorite cousin's wedding. So we both had to go and thought the whole cycle would be a bust. Nevertheless I got all my paperwork together for the Roseville sperm bank (go local sperm!) and was peeing on ovulation predictor kits (OPKs) anyway.
Lucky for us we got a positive OPK on May 8 so we rush ordered some sperm and made appointments for inseminations 24 hours later (May 9) and 36 hours later (May 10) which is fairly standard timing for an IUI cycle. The IUI was a bit more painful that I thought it would be, but Shannon was there for both of them. Then came the waiting. We went and did the wedding. We had a nice weekend here with the Brandi Carlile concert on Saturday. I bought some home pregnancy tests at Target, some of the sensitive ones and some of the generic Target brand.
We were supposed to wait until Thursday to save ourselves the pain of false negatives I think. But there's not much you can do to stop hoping and anticipating each time. I don't know if we'll reach Jan 30, 2008 (our estimated due date), but right now I'm savoring this little moment of success.
9 comments:
Ok, so probably the right thing for me to do is to act all calm and shit, but:
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woooo! Laurie Jr!
:)
Ack! So exciting! Happy, healthy, baby-thoughts are coming your way...
Perhaps I have found a use for all that Shine Sport I've accumulated?
Thank you, thank you, you guys are awesome.
Katie, and I didn't even think about how I'd be doing you a favor ;)
Ooh! Awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(repeat)
(repeat)
Oooh!
Trying to be level-headed and calm and not too expectant, but WOOO!
Congrats and best wishes to you!
I'm pretty sure it was Brandi that made it stick. Hee! So great -- congrats times one million.
AL
Stupid Bloglines deleted your blog from my list, and I didn't realize it...I just thought you hadn't updated in forever and I found this out last night: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
holy crap! I haven't checked in a while and wow! congrats!
Post a Comment