18 December 2006

Thanks to the herculean efforts of Shannon, we are 99% moved. Unlike me, Shannon was motivated to get it done. She boxed and hauled the last dregs of our possessions, the items you don't really need but keep around just in case. I just complained about being rushed and pushed because I am a big baby.

My mind was on the endless tower of laundry to do. With the new machine and dryer all set up and working, I tackled the tower with tenacity. Since the machine requires much more human interaction, it sucks up that much more of my time. It also has no bells or warning dings, so I had to set a timer to remember to spin the clothes or to start refilling for the rinse cycle. Although the machine is small, the sheets and blankets did not overwhelm it. I'm going to try to get it all done before we leave this week.

Other weekend highlights include eating a gluttonous meal at Buca on Friday night with some of Shannon's classmates and going to see the British Ads at the Walker.

No comments: