14 December 2006

Dropped the car off at the mechanic this morning for its' winter special oil change plus to be ready for the long trip to St. Louis. I can't believe we are going to drive for 10+ hours in about a week. There's just been so much mental upheavel with the moving. I'm not a quick adjuster, but I think this first week in the new place has been going well. My head needs a little time to sort it out.

The cable is up and running, although apparently if I had just checked I would have discovered it was still up from the previous tenant. Doh! Actually, I am glad not to be stealing cable right now. I feel I should try to be as honest as possible lately. Despite knowing that cable is a total racket, I don't want to steal it. Does that make any sense?

I finally cooked in the new place last night on our skinny dorm stove. A Guy-Crosslin classic, pasta carbonara with peas. Since I cooked, Shannon loaded the dishwasher. Oh lordy, how I love having a dishwasher. The first few times we ran it, I forgot how loud they are as they cycle through a load. But last night, while watching TV, the sounds receded into the background just as they did my entire childhood. New place is spoiling me rotten, and it's awesome.

Tonight, I will be tackling the washing machine. It's a Danby twin tub portable machine. This means it has one tub for washing and one for spinning. It seems to require a bit of human intervention at each stage, so that'll be an adjustment. I have high hopes for it though, not only for not needing quarters except for the big blankets, but for getting into the big world of felting my knitted goods.

No comments: