13 November 2006
again and again
Lately I have been wanting to reread good books. I think it's fall's effect or the general stress of the upcoming holidays. I requested some Terry Pratchett books, the ones about the young witch Tiffany Aching: The Wee Free Men and Hat Full of Sky. There's a new one, just came out in October, so I'll reread the first two and then dive into the third. I never used to understand rereading of books, but now I can see how some stories can be meaningful at multiple times in one's life. The stories are the means for reminding myself who I am. I both remember how much I loved the story when I first read it, while I can appreciate it in a different ways. Plus some characters are very joyous to reconnect with, some stories suck you in over and over even though you know the outcome. I suppose rereading books is about appreciating the journey, not just the outcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ooh, you should totally check it out, it's lovely. No sadly my sweater is not finished yet because I am slow and easily distracted. Hopefully this week.
Post a Comment