11 November 2006

now with more alone time!

Shannon's out of town again this weekend, but this time I have the car so my regular schedule is barely impacted. Yes there's still solo dog duty, but when they start to drive me nuts, off to the park we go. Or even better, I can just take off by myself in the car. Today I went to the library to pick up requested books and then later to Trader Joe's. I got a frozen pizza because I realized I had no dinner plans. I didn't notice at first because there was no around to start annoying or to hear to be bitchy and crabby. This quiet, chill me is so easy to be when there's no one around.

The sparkley purple chenille yarn that I was wondering what to do with is for Laurie who's in Suriname, South America. She's been there since May and will return stateside in December. She is my oldest friend and one of my bestest, and I am very thrilled to see her. I already plan on giving her the first sweater I made since the gauge ended up more her size than mine, but that's not the same as a gift specifically for her. This purple sparkley thing is. At first it was going to be a shrug, then maybe an afghan (with more chenille), but now it's going to be a poncho. A crazy purple sparkley chenille poncho. While Laurie is a very unique individual, I do not know if she'll wear it. Pictures forecoming (the camera is off with Shannon).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Laurie will love the poncho--everyone needs something purple and sparkly to wear in the winter!