05 June 2006

tiny, fuzzy, cute


Here it is, my first finished item for Melinda's Cletus. From Mason-Dixon Knitting with a few modifications. The right sleeve is a bit wonky so I may resew it. Sewing is not my forte. I think I will make the sleeves a bit more square the next time I make this. My sewing is better on straight edges than on sloped ones. My stripes made the yarnovers a pain on the one side so I might not do that again. I liked putting some seed stitch on the bottom to stop the curling but I didn't remember to do it on the cuffs as well.

Shannon and I thought it looked so small. Hopefully it's not too small. I'm still working on the blanket and burb cloths, but I'm more excited to do some hats. I've also got some bonnet patterns that don't look too old-fashioned. And socks and more sweaters and some bunting, woo!

5 comments:

FemiKnitMafia said...

So cute!!

Melinda said...

Holy shit. It is so cute I might eat it before Cletus even gets anywhere near it.

Laura said...

I see it as the tip of the cute iceberg. My plan is to make the most ridiculously cute stuff without falling into frillypinkfrothybow territory.

Ashley said...

I love the greens together! I am totally going to copy that at some point :)

Laura said...

I like how it's bright and cheerful and not too gender-specific.