Since we saw her in concert this weekend, I have not been able to get Brandi Carlile (myspace link) out of my head. I would have taken pictures, you know, if I had remembered to bring my camera. Instead I had a lovely diner with my girl and then took in a great show.
Her voice is just amazing, so you should definately listen to a couple on myspace. But live she is a billion times better: loud and fearless and clearly enjoying herself. She did a couple of covers, which I usually hate, but her exuberence won me out. She did Dylan's The Times They Are A-Changing, Cash's Folsom Prison Blues, Radiohead's Creep and Cohen's Hallelujah, and all were good.
2 comments:
I see her name and can't stop thinking of Belinda Carlisle. Bad!
I listened to the myspace tunes and she sounds so familiar. Would I have heard her on the radio?
Probably, I think she's on the rise as they say. I haven't heard her on the radio here in Minneapolis, but that's because my girl is an NPRaphile.
Post a Comment