Spring thunderstorms are great. Tuesday night the predicted raininess began before sunset with thunder and lightning. The temps have dropped and stayed low. Yesterday it would cloud over and rain for about an hour at a time. Then the sun would come back out in one direction as the clouds swept over to another part of the cities. The rain which darkens the concrete and the dirt, brightens all the plants that began blooming: hostas and daylillies in their strange clumpy formations of tight spiraled buds, crocus and tulips are up and opening, bushes are covered in baby leaves.
I can tell I'm not from here when I feel the chilly, damp 50 degree weather, and I'm still in sweatshirts and fleece. The natives have their sandals and shorts on already.
I've either got some allergies happening or a spring head cold. I'm still feeling broody and unsettled, but the thunderstorms help. The clouds don't brighten my mood like they do Shannon, but they feed my contemplation. Comfort is curling up on the couch under a cozy blanket listening to the rain fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment