20 April 2006

Works in progress: April 2006

I don't have any pictures of my unfinished projects, but here's what I've currently got on needles:

--practice sweater Sweetness from Knitty
I say 'practice' because I didn't check my gauge nor use a similar yarn to the one used in the pattern. Instead, I bought some size 10 needles and used all acrylic I had lying around. After being intimidated by sweaters for so long, I jumped into this practically seamless pattern to get over myself.

--birthday gift for Laurie
Sure the actual date was 4/6 but it's the thought that counts.

--birthday socks for Scott
I'm not belated yet (4/25) but I doubt I'll finish and mail it in five days.

--socks for Shannon - 2 pair
One pair was purposefully made with her in mind. I'm getting excellent at the top-down technique. The other is my first foray into top-up. They were supposed to be for me, but are a bit too small. To Shannon they go.

--wrist warmers for Shannon
Made of lovely Malabrigo yarn in these dark blues and greens for when she's cashiering at the co-op and it's cold. Have until next winter to finish.

--baby blanket for Melinda
I'm so hoping this baby will be the first to actually receive something I've knit.

--scarves for me - 3 or 4
I apparently can never have enough scarves.

I joined a cheesey craft book club recently and got "Mason-Dixon Knitting". Now I must make baby bibs and burb cloths. And bath mats and hand towels. Through their blog, I had already decided to make either a log-cabin blanket or a mitered square blanket. I've bought some yarn and can't wait to start.

2 comments:

Laurie K said...

oooh... I like the log cabin blanket. I bet I could crochet a version. You should copy the pattern and send it to me one day.

Laura said...

I could work on trying to translate the pattern into crochet. I'm sure I could figure it out.