27 April 2006

horoscopes

In reading my horoscope this week, I was struck by Aries (even though I'm a Virgo). The statistic about annual income was crazy. I worry about money all the time, mostly thinking I don't have enough, when really I have buckets. Good to be reminded of that. Here are a few, plus the link for the rest:

ARIES (March 21–April 19): Let's put your salary in perspective. If you earn more than $2,182 per year, you're wealthier than 85 percent of the world's population. That's according to globalrichlist.com. Even though you're pretty well-off, however, I'm going to dare you to ask for more. It's the perfect astrological phase to do so. The omens suggest that you will attract benefactors and drum up cosmic support if you make even a half-assed attempt to get richer quicker. Homework: Write down three things you could do to raise your income.

VIRGO (Aug. 23–Sept. 22): Bird-watchers in North Dakota are reporting a host of unusual sightings. A mountain plover has been spotted for the first time since the 1930s. The cormorant-like anhinga, which is native to swamps in southern climates, has also made an appearance. So has the Eurasian wigeon, a noisy duck that is rarely found outside of Europe and Asia. In addition, there have been visits by five other species that are unknown in the area. What's going on? Another by-product of global warming and the weird effects it's generating? Maybe. Whatever it is, Virgo, a metaphorically similar experience will soon occur in your sphere. You'll be mingling with life forms and natural phenomena that you've never come in contact with up until now.

LIBRA (Sept. 23–Oct. 22): Will the truth set you free? Maybe, but first it will set you on fire, metaphorically speaking. Once you have been completely consumed by the flames and been reborn out of the ashes like the mythical phoenix, then you might be able to figure out how to use the truth to set yourself free—and to set others free as well. As long as you're armed with the knowledge in this horoscope, Libra, the process won't hurt as much as you might imagine. In fact, the predominant sensation may be exultation. Here's some homework to get you started: Write your three top fears on a piece of paper and burn it.

Rest of the horscopes, courtesy of the Village Voice.

2 comments:

Laurie K said...

That is funny that I am Aries, as my fellowship $$ is about to end and soon I will be making a whopping $50 a month and then I will be making no $$ and living in New York. woo! I guess when I am in South America, though, I will have no expenses, so in a way my income will increase....

Laura said...

Maybe you'll get some calls for the adjunct positions you applied for? You totally deserve a benefactor.