I've been looking to buy some cds online but had decided to stop using Amazon.com. I like CDbaby.com, but I wanted some major releases. I was digging around on my local public radio station, and I found that you could buy cds from a site that will give a portion of the proceeds to that public radion station. The site is www.prms.org and so far, I dig it.
I'm feeling a bit conflicted about cds in general. I had in fact just told Shannon last night that maybe I won't buy any more new cds, just copy cds from the library or buy the songs electronically. But I still think of buying cds when I think of buying music. I like seeing the artwork and reading the dedications. I've been thinking about my cds because lately with my iPod, I haven't been pulling them out. They have just been gathering dust on my shelf. I like the idea of storing music electronically because it saves so much space. When travelling for example, all I'd need to hear practically every song I own (assuming I get a big iPod or mp3 player at some point) would fit into the front pocket of my backpack. I could take headphones, the radio transmitter and the charger. Much better than the mixed tapes I took to Paris in 1998. Sure that was the last time I travelled internationally so this really isn't a pressing need. But the last roadtrip I took to New Mexico was made infinitally more tolerable by the iPod radio transmitter. Ok, so I like the idea of having all my music electronically, but could I really stop buying cds? Could I really put all my cds in a bin in the basement?
1 comment:
No, you should not put your CDs in the basement. You should loan them to a iPod-less friend like Matt.
Post a Comment