I took Monday off from work. Not for any particular reason, just to have a vacation day. This is mostly true. There was a slight alterior motive. I had to change my address on my drivers' license. Yes it's February and I moved in June 2005, shut up. I was pleasantly surprised by how quick and painless it was as well as how I was able to renew my license concurrently instead of having to return in September.
Renewing my license means we've been here for 5 years and that I finally get to take a new picture. My ID pictures never look particularly good. Memorable ID photos: my college ID with my fluffy hair and face so earnest and excited it's almost painful to look at, my Missouri license right after I first bleached my very short hair where the pale blue background and my white hair sort of faded into each other, and my old Minnesota license, the one I'm getting renewed. When I moved here, my hair was much longer, down to my shoulders and its normal brown. Which I thought looked nice but apparently looked limp and stringy. My glasses were a bad shape, and I guess my depression was obvious because the end result was much more serial killer than I meant.
The picture taken on Monday should be ok. I smiled my cheesy smile and my chins looked present in all their multiplying glory. My hair is short and blond again and my glasses are kicking. The dark blue background did not fade into my glowing white scalp. I got a quick glimpse but I'll have to wait 4 weeks or so to make sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment