I won't go so far to call them resolutions but I have some loosely defined goals for the next year. Granted the mere concept of a goal will cause me to rebel, but I'm working on overcoming that urge. Here goes:
1. Continue reading 50+ books each calendar year. I did one of those 50 book challenges last year and I totally kicked its' ass. 78 books in 2005, people! I know I can do it again. Reading has always been amazingly enjoyable for me. I would stay up late and sneak a flashlight into my bed to read. But when I get busy or depressed, I stop reading books. So I must stay aware of my bad habits and continue to engage in the stories that pull me out of my own head. I'm keeping track with Library Thing on the right side.
2. Knit a wearable sweater and a pair of socks. I've got three or four projects on needles right now as well as yarn waiting to be used, but I need to work on finishing items. Then I need to work on calculating gauge. I feel sure that by the end of the year I can have an awesome sweater either on me or Shannon that fits and looks good.
3. Here comes the cliche: lose weight. I know, boring, predictable, blah. But I hope to do so without dieting. I do not want to count calories or carbs of points. I have no guide, no guru, no plan. Here's what I'm going to do in relation to food. I'm going to love it. I'm going to enjoy making meals, and I'm going to do it often. Making my lunches and eating veggies at dinner are huge commitments, especially when life gets busy. I get tired just thinking of creating meals that are interesting and flavorful. But I want my relationship with food to improve. It is not the enemy. My desires are not the enemy. Basically there is no enemy.
4. Additionally, I plan to exercise more. Again, so boring, but whatever. As in a couple times a week, without fail. I'm not an aerobics fan, nor do I like to jiggle or feel the burn or sweat. I'm working on walking my dogs more (as in more blocks and more often) as well as lifting weights and stretching.
5. I hope to take more pictures. I really enjoy the whole process of taking photos, but I find that without an event to document or purpose, my camera stays on the shelf. I've got some technique books as well that I keep meaning to read since I know little about aperture settings or really even how cameras work.
6. Communicate more. Daily writing would be nice, but I even mean talking on the phone to friends out of town. I'm bad at listening (tend to interrupt), and I'm bad at calling people back. But I really love and miss my friends. I don't think I'll lose them, but I hope to nuture them a bit more.
No comments:
Post a Comment