02 February 2006

Wednesday

Last night I bowled with my work league. We're a hodgepodge group from a couple of different offices, so I only get to bowl about once a month. I'm always surprised by how much I love bowling. My parents didn't think much of it, so my first bowling experience was in high school. Currently my average about 120.

While waiting for my ride, I wondered into a fabric/craft store and bought more yarn. It was cheap and acrylic, but beautiful colors. I'm not opposed to manmade fibers, mainly because I enjoy machine washing much more than handwashing. The yarn will make a lovely scarf. Making scarves has become a big compulsive for me. Simple scarves, knit while watching tv on a pair of #9 bamboo needles is my new meditation or relaxation technique.

I bought some new plants for my cubicle which made me inordinately happy. My cats at home eat house plants, but here at work, they can thrive. I've got a norfolk pine, a jade plant, a button fern and a dracaena. Here's hoping I don't water them to death.

I'm feeling a bit random and disorganized personally. Professionally, I'm totally getting shit done, kicking its ass and taking names. But otherwise, my head feels like fluff today.

No comments: