My first real entry of 2006. Sorry I've been missing, but I was in New Mexico with Shannon all last week. The trip was great, the driving got a bit old, and I took only a few pictures. I'm back at work and very discombobulated, very random. Having the iPod for a long car trip was amazing, but by the end of the coming home drive, nothing could elevate the boredom of driving. In the past year (plus this trip), I have revisited every place I have ever lived. This last trip really made me think about who I was when I moved to Albuquerque compared to who I am now. I felt this same way thinking about who I was in college and who I was in high school. It's the ghosts of Laura past, and I don't know what to do with them.
Also I have to call Erin (hey Erin!) and wish her a happy new year. I didn't whoop it up in style seeing as how we were driving through Texas at midnight. I was in fact asleep and completely missed the moment. But I was drinking sake and eating sushi with Erin in some alternate reality, I'm sure.