I feel I should write more about our trip; it's just all bits and pieces in my head. Our old crappy house was boarded up and for sale. The sun did not stop shining ever. I forgot how there are no winter blahs down there, just hot sun year round. Tami and her partner Katie were great. We'd only ever talked to Katie for about 3 hours so we really got to know her. They seem very good together, very equal, which I noticed because sometimes Tami gives too much in a relationship. We ate lots of green chile at all the places we liked: Frontier for breakfast burritos and sweet rolls, Little Anita's for sopapillas, Blake's for green chile cheeseburgers and black raspberry shakes, Double Rainbow for everything. Mostly we drove around looking at everything we used to see and seeing it again. Roads and stores, sights and old places that seemed so familiar when they were part of your daily fabric but now where new and exotic again. I walked around my co-op and saw a few old faces and even caught up a bit on the gossip. We drove up to the foothills, but not all the way up the mountain (worried about our lil Honda). Living in a valley is so weird because you're either in the bottom or driving up and out of it without really noticing until you look back and see the whole city behind you. We got almond butter from the machine that makes it right there for you. We bought pretty frivolous things for ourselves. We drove up to Santa Fe and hung out naked in the hot tubs. I forgot how much of a lesbian community there is down there, how it feels to be around and in it. I forgot how accepting women can be about their bodies sometimes, just letting their poochy belly hang out.
I want to move west when Shannon's done, from Cali to BC, just somewhere on the west coast. It was so good to be so far away from the middle.