11 October 2005

old post: connectivity

I'm updating from home on the home pc thanks to about 60 ft of phone cable. I decided that running the cord along the walls was better than always having to use Shannon's laptop. So woohoo, I'm back to lots of connectivity all the time. Of course I still haven't taken advantage of Kt's lovely offer. I'm not even in grad school yet I'm still actively honing my procrastination skills.

You know, I don't know if we will be able to move to Canada in four years. I still really want to, but I think we'll have to go wherever Shannon gets a good job offer/internship/residency. Like Erin and Scott, I'm sure I can have some places I'll refuse to move to, but most likely her career will be guiding our moves.

This evening I baked some potatoes, steamed some broccoli and assembled them together with cheese in tupperware for lunches. It's so simple yet microwaves well and is delicious and satisfying. Baked potatoes for lunch is where it's at yo.

Now that I've got this setup together, I'll go upload some photos to Flickr I think.

Did I tell yall that instead of just getting a new stove our landlord is now going to renovate the kitchen? I'm dubious that it will happen in a timely fashion but excited by the prospect of a new kitchen. Shannon had been talking of wanting to move again after just a year maybe but a new kitchen will definately keep us around. I don't think this place is the best place we've ever lived in, but mostly I just love the paid heat and the non-moving.