13 October 2005

old post: powerball!

I forgot to buy a powerball ticket yesterday, but no one won, whew! The pot is up to $290 million dollars. I've been disregarding my horoscope last week which basically told me to stop being so greedy because I couldn't stop my lottery buying obsession. I know the odds are insane, that money doesn't grow on trees, that I should just save every dollar I spend on lottery tickets, but despite all that, I don't stop. I buy powerball tickets regardless of the size of the pot (although the minimum is $10 million). I think about how I would spend the money, especially thinking about how I would structure my life without being on the daily grind. This is the crux of it really, my escapist fantasy. What could I do if money was no object? What could I accomplish without worrying about paying rent each month? Who would I be if practicality was no issue?