10 October 2005

old post: 24 hours in Iowa

Ok so I didn't buy the iPod car radio transmitter yet. I realized that if Shannon had to study, then I couldn't be filling the car with nice tunes. So I just drove wearing headphones (my middle name is danger afterall). The concert was lovely. I took some pictures but haven't looked at them on the computer yet. We were super close to the stage though because it was Harris. We bought a poster and got it signed. I nervous talked to Shannon but was fairly normal to Tegan and Sara themselves.

The dogs ran around with Marlys' pup Daisy for hours it seemed. They just couldn't stop chasing each other and rolling in sheep poop or other equally nasty things. We hung out with Shannon's parents a bit. It wasn't weird or awkward but it was a bit different than we thought. We're in the final stretch of getting used to Mark living there with Marlys I think.

Driving to Iowa for about a 24 hour visit is weird and disorientating. It was only 4 hours each way but I was mighty tired of driving by the last hour. I think, though, that we should do more overnight trips during school breaks. It's short but sweet and works with the pets. I would like to get up to Duluth if only to see what it's like and look at the big lake.

My lingering weird cold thingy has gotten worse. I feel bad. But I'm still at work. I think I'll venture out to find yummy soup for lunch. Soup will make everything better.