I've taken today off since tomorrow is my birthday. I've got no particular plans for anything today, just loafing and indulging. Shannon and I got bagels and coffee while I drove her to school. I stopped at the bakery on the corner for some almond macaroons studded with pine nuts (one of the greatest cookies ever). I watched some Netflix dvds, a travel show about Brazil and another Doctor Who episode. The dogs are chilling on the couch with me. It's cool and sunny outside. All in all lovely. I'll take them to the river soon and then pick up Shannon this afternoon.
Yesterday, coming home was a bit of a surprise. We had been trying keeping the dogs in the kitchen during the day instead of their crates. It's part of a larger scheme to move the dogs, Max first, to dog beds instead of crates. So far it had been going ok, no big hiccups. Anyway, so upon coming home I found a big ripped up portion of the kitchen linoleum. Yep, our f-ing dogs ripped up part of the floor. I think this plan is on hiatus for now. They apparently cannot handle such unsupervised freedom. I called the landlord and we'll have to pay something once it gets fixed. Bob was supposed to come by today to take a look at it but I haven't heard a knock yet.
Shannon didn't need her computer today which is why I've got it to play with. I've got to download Fetch and get us some radio programs. I've also got to mail Shannon's computer rebates and buy some stamps. I'm really very happy with these mundane tasks today. I'm appreciating the boring today.