I put almost all my earrings back in this weekend. My upper piercing on left ear did close, none too suprisingly. I have two holes on left ear and four on my right and none of them closed up, despite the almost two years of neglect. My lobes apparently love being pierced. I bought some earrings at Claire's in the mall (not such bad quality), 14 gauge curved barbells and some 16 gauge hoops. Turns out the 14g was a bit optimistic of me, but the 16g fit just fine. I'll just have to get smaller barbells or maybe stretch out my first holes.
I'm not sure what exactly caused me to want to adorn my ears again. This weekend I also contemplated getting my septum pierced and dying my hair deep black. I guess I'm feeling radical and free, willing to let myself be. I found some old necklaces too and pondered why I don't wear them anymore. I wondered, did I wear jewelry in the past because I loved my body or because I hated it? How do I feel now?