Yesterday I was not well, very filled with hate and anger about everything in the world. I wasn't productive at work, I mostly just felt bad all day. I went to one of my favorite lunch places but even their lovely cream of mushroom soup and spinach salad didn't help. I had to learn how to process the mail in order to fill in for Franklin, the mailroom guy, today and that process helped a bit. Postage scales and meters are comforting and I like processing, helping something get where it needs to go.
Going home helped the most. We bought a new chair at a yard sale on Sunday and thus, I rearranged the whole living room to make room for it (even though Shannon had wanted to pull a chair into her office). Now we have a couch and two chairs to sit in, making plenty of room for (the rare) company. Plus I swept up monstrous amounts of sand and pet hair. Anyway, the new layout is very inviting, open and airy and makes me happy. So that helped as well as seeing Shannon and the pets, puttering around the house and making dinner. But I was still emotional and kind of crazy until about 9 pm or so. I was hating that I felt so moody, so melodramatic.
I now take the dogs out on their final walk at night, and last night it was storming off and on. In the middle of the our short walk, it started to downpour and we ran the rest of the way home. I feel asleep and had weird dreams about being in Canada and our car flooding because of the crazy place we parked it (like on columns in the middle of a bay).