11 July 2005

old post:

I got a wicked sunburn this Saturday when I took the dogs to the river. It was so hot I had to wear a tank top but I didn't put on enough sunscreen. It was so hot I contemplated jumping in the Mississippi with the dogs. If it had been a nice, clean lake, I would not have held back. Then Sunday I tried protecting my skin but it was so hot still, I just slathered more sunscreen on it and hoped for the best. Luckily I have a big bottle of aloe vera gel that I keep in the fridge, very cooling.

Shannon and I were able to spend Sunday morning together unexpectedly so we had breakfast and went to the Minneapolis farmer's market. We got cukes, tomatoes, fresh herbs, potatoes, rhubarb, raspberries and green beans. I made a tzaziki (Greek cuke yogurt) salad with lots more cucumber than called for plus bell peppers and the last bit of green onions. It is very refreshing with fresh dill and mint. Shannon will most likely make some tabouli as well as rhubarb sauce. I think we'll make some dilled potato salad, maybe with some of the green beans even. There's a farmers market on campus for July and August so we will be buying even more vegetables soon.

Currently our oven has a problem staying lit and our toilet will not fill up with water (have to dump a bucket in the tank to flush). Hopefully our apartment is not trying to kick us out.