Whew! I feel like I haven't written anything current in here in a week or so. Not much has been happening persay, I've just felt busy or cranky due to the heat. But the weather is breaking a bit. Monday was cool and gorgeous. This morning there was thunder and rain and now the sun is coming out. I wish the rain didn't affect me so much but it does.
Saturday was Matt's birthday party. He made some of the most disturbing guacamole I've ever seen. It turned dark dark brown, looked like a mole sauce or chocolate sauce. Very strange. But the beer and margs were cold and the cake he made was lovely. Shannon and I didn't stay too late because she had to work Sunday, but it was nice to meet some of his other friends. Plus, Molly Dingel and James Rechs were there so Shannon got to see Molly. We might be going to see Abi Tapia perform tonight with Molly, not quite sure.
Monday Shannon and I spent the day together getting errands done as well as some painting. Our fridge's bottom shelf over the big drawer was this thin flimsy plastic. It must have been glass originally and I suppose that would have been the ideal fix, but since I was paying for this myself, I opted for wood. We went to Home Depot, found a suitable piece and waited like 20 minutes for someone from Lumber to show up to cut it. Shannon almost lost it but I perserved and for like $3.50 we have three working shelves in our fridge. We also got one of the walls in the office painted a lovely chocolate malty brown and got two new golfish for our aquarium.