I cut off all my hair last Sunday. I was bleaching it blond and the green bits from the henna (like two dyes ago) was revealed again. I could have had a professional hair cut and saved most of my hair, but instead seeing as how it was 95 degrees and humid, I decided to pull out the clippers and buzz it all off again. It had been two years since I had 1/2 inch long hair, back when I started culinary school. July 2003 seems like a hazy blur at this point, like so long ago, but I have the student ID as proof.
I'm listening to that new public radio station, the Current. At first I didn't like how few songs I recognized, but now, as long as the mood and tone of the new songs flow well, I dig it.
Lately I have been searching for and printing off recipes. So far I haven't been doing much actual cooking, but I'm stockpiling very interesting recipes. The heat and our aversion to cooking in it is helping us reacquaint ourselves with all the lovely restaurants in Uptown. I've got some leftover spicy chicken pad thai in the fridge for lunch that I'm very excited about. Go spicy noodles!
I have also been searching the internet a bit about the Saturn return in one's life since it'll be hitting us all fairly soon. I'm definitely an astrology fan, and I've been thinking that for me I enjoy it because astrology is in a way about cycles and rhythms. Planets and moons circling our sun all in their own time and way. The idea that Saturn is returning to the same spot it was in when I was born is weird and cool. That this placement is going to or could (for the more skeptical) have an effect on my self is super weird and cool. I'm sort of seeing it as a time of personal evolution. For some more info, check out this.