Last night it thundered and stormed and woke me up. I had been up late figuring out how to install the window a/c unit I bought (whee!). I went around and made sure the rain wasn't coming in the windows and pooling on the floor and then went back to bed. Somehow I then slept through (or turned off in a haze) my alarm. Since I was missing my normal bus, I walked and got coffee and got to work by 8:30.
We also got the shower curtains figured out yesterday. We got a lovely tension rod from Ikea and a silly tropical paradise shower curtain from Target. Because there's a window right above the tub, we have to hang a waterproof curtain over it to try to protect the sill and frame from all the water. So we also got a rod and another curtain for that side as well. Our bathroom is coming together.
The office however is still looking like a pile of furniture in the middle of a room. Shannon wants to paint it some great color, so I am biding my time. Really, it's no big deal because I have plenty to do in the main living/dining room. I'm close to putting away all the bed linens so that's exciting. I've got the bookshelves set up too now, so all I have to do is fill them with books, cds, and our radio. Soon I will be able to reassemble the table and set it up in the dining area. Or maybe even hang the few posters we have.