21 April 2005

old post: ho hum

I have heard nothing back from my sister. Maybe she's abandoned that email address already. Kids these days I tell you what. However, I'm not really stressing about her visit. God knows it can't be as stressful as Marge and Rayna (and *surprise* her 18 year old boyfriend)'s visit. Yeah, we haven't really written about last weekend, but it was a stress feast in every single possible way. The surprise boyfriend caught us off guard (basically Marge is too nice and he's a mooch) so we weren't prepared to be hard asses about our house rules (which I think we now have some). Marge was pretty miserable too, so the three of us were a bit miserable while the two kids were slow, stupid and quiet. The gulf between myself and 14 (she's not 15 in fact for a month or two) is profound and wonderful. Hopefully Marge will return sans children of any sort in the summer so we can all get drunk and be loud. Unless of course...

Reproduction update: so I'm waiting to take a test that I'm pretty sure will be negative. My cycle this month is all over the temp graph (which it's never been before). I think we inseminated a bit too early too. My body feels weird but it felt weird last time so it clearly means nothing. My impatience to take the freaking test already is a bit tempered this time by my lack of optimism. I'm even thinking this one may turn out to be anovulatory which hasn't happened since May 2004. Maybe my body likes to get less fertile in the spring, just to be contrary. If so, if nothing comes of this try, I will be happy, as previously mentioned in another entry, to have the summer to booze it up and relax.

Big ole curse-filled housing rant: Why do landlords think people can afford to pay $1200+ utilities for a two bedroom duplex? Dude, if I fucking had $1200+ for housing a month, I would get a fucking mortgage yo! And if the landlords are racking in $2400/month, you know that more than covers any mortgage they have on the duplex. God! Housing is such a fucking racket! Plus, fucking allow pets more often you fucking motherfuckers! Shit, it's hardwood, why can't I have my dogs! I hope May turns out to be more fruitfull than April has been otherwise we'll be living in a motel 8 or worse, in the suburbs!