It just begun raining. The sky is very gray and dark for 8:38 am and rain is expected all day long. Shannon is very sick, coughing, congested, unable to sleep. As much as Matt hates the cloudy gray days, Shannon loves them. I hope she is not so miserable that the rain won't cheer her up.
I splurged and got a cup of coffee and a Krispy Kreme doughnut this morning. It was so sugary, scrumptious.
I forgot to mention that we dyed eggs on Sunday and Matt helped. We hardboiled most of them but blew out the ones I used to make omelets for breakfast that morning. Shannon made deviled eggs yesterday (as well as corn chowder - yum). She's a mustard freak but then still tasted yummy. I should have taken a picture of the plate she had artfully arranged.
Work has been challenging lately, reminding me that I'm not really a design or programming expert. I'm sure we'll get through it somehow but it's been a bit stressful. At home, however, I've been making trememdous progress on the first baby blanket I began, Maia and Brett's. It's totally rocking and I'm thinking of knitting Hongyi's as well (was going to crochet it). It's just so gratifying to see the pattern turning out exactly like in the book.
Ooh, I just heard some thunder. The rain will be nice, but it will further turn our backyard into a stinky mud pile. I think having five or so dogs use it has not been good for the pathetic grass that was there before. Maybe we should spread some straw or something, some mulch maybe, to cover up the soil. I don't know, but I feel a bit bad about it.